Sunday, January 13th, 2013
I must be willing to give up what I am in order to become what I will be.
Magical Greetings from Jeff and Abbi in Las Vegas!
What will you become this year — and what would you give up to obtain that goal?
Jeff is just home from tour and has a few new stories to tell you…stories of dreams, goals and inspirations.
Hey! Jeff here in Vegas! My friend, the writer Mike Burke, reminded me of something I had said that inspired him. I’ll share it with you, too.
“Go deep into the source of your inspiration, and get an excellent guide to take you deeper, beyond your limits.”
I find guides in some of the strangest places! I meet them on airplanes, cruise ships, waiting for a taxi, and even surfing the internet blogs! I want to share an interesting list of “resolutions” that came my way… it comes from film producer Peter Guber.
10 New Year’s Resolutions You Must Make For Your Greatest Business Success
- Embrace flying in the red zone – this is where the greatest risk, but also the greatest opportunity awaits.
- In gathering collaborators and support, focus on “what’s in it for them” – this will garner their attention and intention to respond to your call to action.
- Be authentic and have your feet, tongue, heart and wallet all going in the same direction – this creates a trusted and respected relationship which precedes transactions.
- Be interactive – engage social media to change yesterday’s sales monologue into today’s dialog. Today, everyone wants to be participants, not just passengers.
- Share success – emotional and open acknowledgement for work well done is critical to sustaining a motivational workforce.
- Be generous– your scarcest resource is your time and when you spend it helping other people, you reward yourself, others and your organization.
- Be a challenger to your own incumbency – sustaining your success requires constant reinvention. If you don’t, it can mean extinction.
- Use the emotional resonance of purposeful story telling with the facts and information embedded inside, as your secret sauce to create memorable and actionable results –for success in business you’re always in the emotional transportation business.
- Embrace failure – if you’re not failing on occasion, you’re not taking enough chances testing the real quality of your talents and will unlikely achieve your greatest success.
- Habituate yourself to success – review your resolutions quarterly and remember good habits create great results.
Join Me in the Locked Room!
Yes I know it sounds ominous, but let me explain…our school does not “expose” magic on our Web TV channel, so we created a safe place, a ‘virtual classroom’ behind closed doors, to share our magic techniques with our students. We call it “The Locked Room.”
I have 2 Locked Room training sessions coming up:
Fire Magic – I will teach some of the most impressive fire magic ever seen. Audiences LOVE fire magic! How to best travel with fire props, the best fire magic effects and why!
Silk Magic – I’ve toured the world using silk magic in my show. Now, for the very first time, I have created a special 90 minute training session where I will teach you all I know, as well as anything you might ask about, and you can learn my favorite silk magic effects.
Larry George, Bryce and Tobias are all teaching classes in “The Locked Room,” too, so come see what we are building for you!
Real Magicians Help Others’ Dreams Come True
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us.
And the world will live as one.
— John Lennon
New things are happening with our online Magic School. Our business is helping make our students dreams come true… and here is how we do it. I sincerely hope you will consider joining us to become a member of the VIRTUAL Magic & Mystery School. Not only will you receive special benefits at each level of membership, but you will also help the School fulfill its mission of improving the art of magic one magician at a time! Learn more.
Passion and Commitment
One of our passions is helping to create a thriving community for magicians. Recently our Mystery School Monday show featured an episode on Magical Community. You can watch it online.
Jeff McBride’s WONDERGROUND
WONDERGROUND is the center of the Las Vegas Magic community.
— Paul Vigil, Las Vegas Close-up Magic Artist
Photo Credit: Flash Adams
I love hosting my friends at my nightclub experience here in Vegas. We are now in our 4th year! This kind of long run is unheard of for a non-casino show in Las Vegas!
International Magic Festival Night at Wonderground!
One night only, Thursday January 17th, 7:30-Midnight! This month we will feature a global line-up of new acts never before seen in Las Vegas!
From Brazil: International award winner Henry Vargas
From Singapore: the new Asian star of Magic, Kyle Ravin
From the UK: Matt Black comedy magic
Las Vegas Street Magic by Michael Whitson
“The Shocker” returns with new magic and mayhem!
Mythic Dance by Jenevieve the Serpentine Sorceress
Christian Diamond will be the elegant host the Close-Up Theater
Tim Wise will host the 8pm Variety, Magic & Comedy show
MC Leo Diaz will mix master the sonic landscapes
THE NWR Dancers will perform 2 NEW sets of sensual belly dance
ART INSTALLATIONS by Areeya, Suzanne Lugano, Cameron Grant & local artists
TAROT & DIVINATION by Morganne & Stephanie.
To top it all off, Jeff McBride will perform a new “World Premiere” set of magic.
For complete info go to www.vegaswonderground.com
Ludlow, KY – McBride Magic Experience
The day after WONDERGROUND, I will jet to Kentucky, for one of my 2-day mini-conventions, featuring my full evening 1-Man show, my NEW Show Doctor Lecture and a full day SUPER SESSION workshop!
My full tour schedule is here:
Mystery School Goes Hollywood – February 4th through 10th
Yes friends, I know you have been waiting for two years for us to return! The faculty of the MAGIC AND MYSTERY SCHOOL will take over the ENTIRE Magic Castle! Every theater and showroom will feature one of Mystery School teachers! We will also offer a Sunday afternoon lecture, for Magic Castle members only.
Abbi and look forward to our time with our friends in Hollywood! We will see YOU online at www.mcbridemagic.tv. You can tune in 24 hours a day to catch the streaming magic!
We LOVE the muse letter and it is our way of staying connected with YOU! Hey, you can always press “reply” to these Muse letters and Jeff and I will shoot you a hello right back!
Yours in magic community,
Jeff and Abbi
Dear Friends – Happy New Year!
After this very long Museletter, I just wanted to chime in to let you know we still have 2 spaces left in the “Magic for Speakers and Presenters” master class from March 15-17, and 4 spots left for the Master Class that follows it, from March 18-24. Grab those spots now…they’ll go fast!
Best to all.